Here are some pocket-friendly DIY Outdoor Cat House Ideas that will keep your pet safe and warm in chilly winters!
Calling all cat lovers! If you’re looking for a fun and creative way to give your furry friend a cozy place to relax outside, look no further than these DIY Outdoor Cat House Ideas! From repurposed materials to clever designs, these DIY cat room ideas will inspire you to create a space your kitty will love. So grab your tools and get ready to create a little slice of paradise for your furry friend!
Have a look at some cool indoor cat garden ideas here
How to Make an Outdoor Cat House?
Want to know How to Make an Outdoor Cat House? Keep reading!
- Gather your materials. You will need a plastic storage bin large enough for your cat, a drill, screws, a saw, plywood, waterproof sealant, foam insulation, and a door flap.
- Use the saw to cut two rectangular holes in the storage bin, one for an entrance and one for a window.
- Cut two pieces of plywood to fit the holes.
- Drill screws through the plywood and into the plastic storage bin to secure it in place.
- Seal the edges of the plywood with a waterproof sealant to protect against the elements.
- Line the inside of the bin with foam insulation to provide warmth in cold weather.
- Install a door flap to keep the cat safe and secure inside.
- Place the outdoor cat house in an area that is safe and sheltered from the elements.
45 Best Cat Garden Plants | Cat Friendly Indoor Plants
Where to Place Outdoor Cat House?
If you are not sure Where to Place Outdoor Cat House, then follow this simple trick.
Outdoor cat houses should be placed in a sheltered location that provides plenty of protection from the elements. Ideally, they should be placed in an area that is not too close to busy roads or pathways that may be frequented by other animals.
The spot should also be slightly elevated so that it does not get flooded by rain or snow. Additionally, the house should be placed in a location that has adequate amounts of shade and sunlight.
Things You Can Use to Make an Outdoor Cat House
Here are the list of Things You Can Use to Make an Outdoor Cat House:
- Cardboard box – A large cardboard box is the perfect foundation for an outdoor cat house. Cut a doorway and make sure the sides are reinforced with sturdy tape.
- Plywood – To make a more permanent outdoor cat house, use plywood to construct the walls and roof. This will provide your cat with a more secure and insulated shelter.
- Fleece fabric – To line the interior of the outdoor cat house, use a soft and warm fleece fabric. This gives your cat a cozy place to rest.
- Straw – To help insulate the outdoor cat house, fill it with straw. This will keep your cat warm and protect them from the elements.
- Blankets – Place a blanket or two inside the outdoor cat house to provide your cat with extra warmth and comfort.
- Cat bed – Place a small cat bed inside the outdoor house to give your cat a comfortable place to sleep.
- Litter box – Place a litter box inside the outdoor house for your cat to use. This will help keep your cat’s space clean and odor-free.
Find out the Best Dog Friendly Plants here
DIY Outdoor Cat House Ideas
1. Warm Cat House
2. Shelter Bin for Cats
Clear all your doubts and questions about a foam cooler bin house at Aspcapro. Also, you’ll find an idea to make it.
3. Winter Cat Shelter
Cut an entrance in a styrofoam cooler with some drainage holes and make comfortable bedding into the structure by making this.
Consider this easy DIY cat house to give your tabby a warm surroundings in winter.
4. Outdoor Cat Shelter
Upcycle an outside storage container to recreate this DIY outdoor cat shelter for your little feline friend. Watch the DIY tutorial here.
Check out these Sure Shot Ways on How to Keep Cats Out of the Garden
5. Cat House
One of the best outdoor cat houses that you can make is this one. Use several 2X2 wooden boards to frame this cat house and seal it with waterproof paint. Here’s a brief description of what you have to do.
6. DIY Feral Cat Shelter
Show some love to homeless feral cats by preventing them from winter chills with this DIY outdoor cat house idea. Learn the steps in this video.
7. Heated Igloo Shelter
Line a styrofoam cooler with a heating pad to keep it simple yet effective. Keep it near a place where stray cats are likely to look for shelter.
Learn more here about one of the most amazing and innovative DIY cat house ideas.
Learn how to keep cats away from houseplants here
8. Feral Cat Shelter
9. Wooden Cat House Plans
If you know some woodworking, build a wooden cat house by taking the help of these cat house plans here.
10. Quick and Easy Modern Cat House
This fast and easy modern cat house can be kept outdoors or indoors. Check out the instructions here to create this DIY cat house idea.
11. Outdoor Cat House for Stray Cats
This cat house will help to keep the stray cats dry and warm. Watch its tutorial video here.
Are Air Plants Toxic to Cats and Dogs? Find out here
12. Weather-Protected Outdoor Cat House
Learn how to build an outdoor cat house by watching this YouTube tutorial video of a young boy.
13. Easy Winter Cat House
This is a great way to keep an outside pet from freezing during the winter months. Watch the video here for one of the most amazing DIY cat house ideas.
14. Outdoor Cat Shelter
This winter DIY outdoor cat house for cats is easy to make and will ensure the outside cats find a warm home to spend the night in. Details are here.
15. Wooden Cat House
If you want to make a cat house that looks lavish, then watch this video to make it easily using wood.
Is majesty palm toxic to cats? Find out here
16. Modern Cat House
If you have a cat or a small dog and like modern styles, you will love this minimalistic and modern DIY Cat House that you can easily make yourself.
17. Wood Pallet Cat House
18. Cheap Cat House!
Here’s one of the cheapest cat houses for outdoors you can make using an old t-shirt and a cardboard box!
19. Kitty Camper
Would you believe us if we told you that this Kitty Camper is made out of cardboard boxes? Here is the DIY.
Are Poinsettias Poisonous to Cats and Dogs? Find out here
20. Cat Room Closet
Have a closet you do not use? Put it to good use with this DIY Cat Room Closet and transform it into a stunning place your cats will love.
21. Cat Home with Play Space
Check out one of the best DIY cat room ideas for a beautiful cat home, along with an adventure and play space on your wall. Here is the DIY.
22. Tshirt Cat Tent
Look how amazing and captivating this Cat Tent looks. Learn how you can make it here.
Check out these Easy Indoor Cat Garden Ideas
23. Catio for your Kitty
Here is a beautiful DIY Catio outdoor that you can make with just a little bit of elbow grease. Check it out here.
24. Cat Shelves for Cat Room
Follow this DIY to create stunning cat shelves for your cats that they wouldn’t want to leave.
25. Palm Springs Cat House
Inspired by palm springs, this DIY cat house will certainly entice your cats. Learn how to DIY here.
Here are the best safe for cats plants you can grow
26. Cardboard Cat House
27. Cat Teepee
Want a cat home that your feline wouldn’t wanna leave? Follow this DIY to create a snuggly and comfy DIY Cat Teepee.
28. Suitcase BunkBeds
Check out how beautiful these bunkbeds are! Here is the DIY if you wanna build this outdoor cat house.