If you want to get rid of those pesky plants in your garden that pop up again & again, use vinegar. Vinegar is a natural weed killer and is used in effective weed control.
It is eco-friendly and spraying it kills weed within 2-3 days after application.
Vinegar when sprayed on plants, drain moisture from leaves, and the plant dies. It is an organic and inexpensive way to kill weeds. But beware; it kills every plant that comes in touch with it.
Here’s the simple but effective recipe for making vinegar weed killer at home
1. Take one-gallon white vinegar. You can use the vinegar that we use in the kitchen; its concentration is 5%. However, a 10% or 20% solution works faster.
2. Mix one cup salt in it if you have rock salt, add it. You can use table salt, too.
3. Add one tablespoon of lemon juice in it. If you are using 10% or 20% solution, you can skip using lemon juice.
4. Now add two tablespoons of dish soap and stir it well.
5. Wear gloves and fill the solution in a sprayer.
6. Spray it on weeds thoroughly; soaking all the leaves.
Tips and Warnings
- It is most effective on, dry, sunny day.
- Always wear gloves when dealing with highly concentrated vinegar.
- Never spray it on a windy day.
- Don’t let too much solution spill down on the ground. The salt in it makes the soil infertile.