Learn How to Grow Broccoli Sprouts with our easy guide and grow them all year round in a limited space to enjoy a healthy diet!
Learning How to Grow Broccoli Sprouts at home is not as difficult as it looks, and can save you a lot of money. Let’s learn how to cultivate these Micro-Greens Year-Round easily!
Here are the best Micro-Greens you should grow
What are Broccoli Sprouts?
How to Grow Broccoli Sprouts?
The seeds will sprout in 3-5 days. If you want to enjoy microgreens, then continue growing them for 2-3 weeks.
1. In Jars
- Soak 2-3 teaspoons of Broccoli seeds in water inside a mason jar.
- Close the lid with a breathable cloth.
- Change the water every day.
- The seeds will germinate in 3-5 days and will be ready to eat!
2. On Grow Mats or Paper Towel
- Get a jute grow mat or paper towel and fit it into the bottom of a tray.
- Soak the mat well in water and distribute the seeds evenly on it. Once done, mist the seeds.
- Place the tray on a bright windowsill. Keep misting the mat and seeds so they don’t go dry.
- The seeds will sprout in 3-5 days.
3. In Soil
- Sow broccoli seeds directly in the garden or a pot filled with a potting mix.
- Cover the seeds with a thin layer of growing medium and water well.
- Make sure they get plenty of bright, indirect light.
- The sprouts will be ready to harvest in 3-5 days.
How to Enjoy Broccoli Sprouts in Your Meals
Stir fry and add them to the veggies or simply boil and use in salads. You can also make them a part of your favorite non-veg dishes, sandwiches, salads, dressings, and wraps too!
Benefits of Broccoli Sprouts
If you are a health-conscious person, then adding broccoli sprouts to your diet will benefit you a lot! They are rich in fiber, vitamins, calcium, iron, and sulforaphane. Eating them regularly also aids in weight loss.