Killing tree stumps naturally is safe and doesn’t require chemicals. In this article you’ll learn how to kill tree stumps naturally.
Most of the times when you cut down an unwanted tree in your garden, its root system remains alive. It dies later due to shock, but sometimes it doesn’t and you need to kill it. In this small article you’ll learn a few tips on how to get rid of tree stumps naturally.
How to Kill Tree Stumps Naturally
1. With the use of saw or whichever tool you have trim down the stump as close to the ground as possible. This will expedite the decaying process and stump will be decomposed naturally.
2. Killing tree stump from boiling water is one more option you should look at. Boiling will burn the tree roots but for this it is important that water will get to the root system.
3. Wrap the trunk with plastic or other material for a few weeks from which sunshine couldn’t pass through. This will stop the development of root and it’ll die off gradually. This method works slowly
4. Drill 1 inch holes on the top and sides of the trunk. Fill the holes with rock salt. It works as natural root killer. For smaller trunks, salt can be poured directly around wood but care about plants that are growing around it.
5. Epsom salt do magics in the garden. It contains magnesium and sulphur that helps the plants in growing but if used in higher quantities it can be a killer.
Drill a few holes on sides and top of the trunk, holes should be about 10 inches deep. Fill these holes with 100% epsom salt mixed with water, cover the trunk and leave it. It will die in two to three months.
6. Digging is an another option you can consider, although it is expensive and difficult if stump you are about to remove has deep roots.
At last if you’re unable to kill tree stump naturally, use chemicals. Our recommendation is to use a tree stump as an asset. Grow plants on it, it’ll become a focal point of your garden.