In this article, we’re going to talk about a topic that can be a bit sad but also beautiful at the same time – List of White Flowers for Funerals.
When you’re looking for flowers to send to a funeral or memorial service, white flowers are a classic and elegant choice. Following is the List of White Flowers for Funerals.
Here are Beautiful Black and White Sunflower Varieties
List of White Flowers for Funerals
1. White Anthuriums
Botanical Name: Anthurium andraeanum
USDA Zone: 11-12
Anthuriums can be a beautiful and meaningful choice for a funeral, as they symbolize purity and innocence. They can be arranged in a bouquet or standing spray for a stunning display.
Learn How to Take Care of Anthurium here
2. White Azalea
Botanical Name: Rhododendron
USDA Zone: 5-9
White azaleas can be a thoughtful and meaningful choice as a funeral flower and can help to express your condolences and support during a difficult time.
3. White Baby’s Breath
Botanical Name: Gypsophila
USDA Zone: 3-9
White baby’s breath symbolizes purity and innocence. Baby’s breath is a delicate and airy flower that is often used as a filler in arrangements.
Here are the Best White Sunflower Varieties
4. White Carnations
Botanical Name: Dianthus Caryophyllus
USDA Zone: 5-10
Carnations are a classic choice for funeral flowers, and white carnations symbolize pure love and remembrance. They can be arranged in a bouquet or a wreath.
Here are Top 10 Things to Do in March in the Garden
5. White Chrysanthemums
Botanical Name: Chrysanthemum
USDA Zone: 3-9
Chrysanthemums, also known as mums, are a popular choice for funeral flowers in many cultures. These flowers symbolize sympathy and truth.
Learn Everything about Growing Chrysanthemums in Pots here
6. White Gerbera Daisies
Botanical Name: Gerbera jamesonii
USDA Zone: 8-11
White gerbera daisies can be a beautiful choice for a funeral. They symbolize purity and innocence, and they can be arranged in a vase or a basket.
Learn How to Keep Gerbera Daisies Blooming here
7. White Gladiolas
Botanical Name: Gladiolas
USDA Zone: 7-11
Gladiolas are tall and graceful flowers that come in a variety of colors, but white gladiolas are a particularly fitting choice for a funeral. They symbolize sincerity and moral integrity.
8. White Hyacinth
Botanical Name: Hyacinthus
USDA Zone: 4-8
White hyacinths can be a beautiful and meaningful flower choice for a funeral. Hyacinths symbolize sorrow, while white represents purity and innocence.
9. White Hydrangeas
Botanical Name: Hydrangea macrophylla
USDA Zone: 4-9
White hydrangeas symbolize heartfelt emotions and gratitude, making them a fitting tribute to a loved one who has passed away.
Here are Pretty Ways to Grow Hydrangeas
10. White Lilies
Botanical Name: Lilium
USDA Zone: 4-9
Lilies are another popular choice for funeral flowers. White lilies symbolize purity and restored innocence, making them a fitting tribute to a loved one who has passed away.
11. White Larkspur
Botanical Name: Delphinium elatum
USDA Zone: 2-11
White larkspur is a particularly fitting choice for a funeral. It symbolizes love and remembrance, and it can be arranged in a standing spray for a beautiful tribute.
12. White Lilac
Botanical Name: Syringa vulgaris
USDA Zone: 2-7
White lilacs can be a thoughtful and beautiful choice as a funeral flower. This is because lilacs are known to symbolize purity, innocence, and the renewal of life.
Learn How to Grow Miss Kim Lilac here
13. White Magnolia
Botanical Name: Magnolia
USDA Zone: 4-10
Magnolias are known to symbolize beauty, dignity, and perseverance, and their white blooms can represent purity, innocence, and new beginnings.
Check out the Best Magnolia Bonsai Tree Pictures here
14. White Orchids
Botanical Name: Orchidaceae
USDA Zone: 4-11
Orchids are a luxurious and elegant choice for funeral flowers. White orchids symbolize purity and grace, making them a fitting tribute to a loved one who has passed away.
15. Peace Lily
Botanical Name: Spathiphyllum
USDA Zone: 10-12
While peace lilies are typically associated with sympathy and condolences, they can still be used as part of a larger tribute that honors the deceased’s personality and passions.
Here are the Different Types of Orchid Varieties You Can Grow!
16. White Roses
Botanical Name: Rosa
USDA Zone: 4-11
Roses are a timeless symbol of love and respect, making them a fitting choice for a funeral. White roses, in particular, symbolize purity, innocence, and reverence.
Have a look at the most important things to consider while growing roses here
17. White Tulips
Botanical Name: Tulipa gesneriana
USDA Zone: 3-8
Tulips are a classic and elegant choice for any occasion, including funerals. White tulips symbolize forgiveness and peace, making them a fitting choice for a loved one.
Check out 54 Types of Tulip Varieties here
Types of Floral Arrangements for Funerals
When it comes to funeral arrangements, flowers are a beautiful way to honor and remember a loved one. Here are some types of floral arrangements for funerals to consider:
- Standing Sprays: These are a popular choice for funeral services. These tall arrangements are typically displayed on an easel and can be seen from all sides. They often feature a mix of flowers and greenery and can be customized to fit the style and preferences of the deceased.
- Casket Sprays: Casket sprays are arrangements that are placed on top of the casket. They can be designed in a variety of shapes and sizes and are often made up of the deceased’s favorite flowers and colors.
- Wreaths: Wreaths are circular arrangements that can be hung on a door or displayed on a stand. They are often made up of a mix of flowers and greenery and can be customized with ribbons or other decorations.
- Crosses: Crosses are arrangements that are designed in the shape of a cross. They are often made up of white flowers to symbolize purity and innocence but can be customized with other colors and flowers as well.
- Heart-Shaped Arrangements: These offer a touching tribute to a loved one who has passed away. They can be made up of a mix of flowers and greenery and can be customized with ribbons or other decorations.
- Basket Arrangements: Basket arrangements are a more informal option that can be placed on a table or other surface. They can be designed in a variety of shapes and sizes and are often made up of a mix of flowers and greenery.
Check out White Praying Mantis Meaning and Information here
So there you have it, some fun and lovely options for white flowers to consider when sending condolences to a loved one. No matter which flowers you choose, remember that they are a beautiful way to honor and remember someone special.