The State Tree of Pennsylvania is quite easy to grow, unlike what you think! Let’s have a look at all the details!
The State Tree of Pennsylvania can take over 200-250 years to mature and can live for about 800-1000 years. Sounds unbelievable? Keep on reading to learn more!
Find out the Best Fast Growing Privacy Shrubs here
State Tree of Pennsylvania
- In 1931, Pennsylvania adopted Eastern Hemlock as its official state tree.
- People use its wood to build log cabins and tanning leather.
- The State Tree of Pennsylvania is also popular as Hemlock Spruce or Canada Hemlock.
- AJ Downing describes this tree as one of the world’s evergreen beauty and calls it the “Father of Landscape Gardening in America.”
- It is a normal sight in Pennsylvania forests.
- The State Tree of Pennsylvania can live for 800-1000 years.
- The beautiful tree can help keep the forest cool in summer and blocks snowfall in winter from reaching the forest floor.
Check out the Best Shrubs for Containers here
How to Grow the State Tree of Pennsylvania
For best growth, keep the State Tree of Pennsylvania, where it gets a minimum of 4-5 hours of direct sunlight daily. Growing it in the shade will result in poor development.
You can boost the growth by using a balanced liquid fertlizer, diluted to 1/2 of its strength, once in 6-8 weeks. Feed the plant till it reaches a height of 4-6 feet. After that, it will do just fine without any fertlizer.