Do you want to know about that One Secret to Grow Any Plant From a Cutting? Well, we are going to reveal the secret!
If you are looking for that One Secret to Grow Any Plant From a Cutting then we’ll help you out to ensure you always get 100% success while propagating plants!
Avoid these mistakes while propagating plants from cuttings
One Secret to Grow Any Plant From a Cutting
The One Secret to Grow Any Plant From a Cutting is to make sure that you are taking the cutting always just below a node. As it is a powerhouse of cellular activity and growth, it will greatly enhance the chances of successful propagation by a HUGE margin!
Learn how to grow unlimited tomato plants from cuttings here
You can easily find nodes as they are connected to the base of the leaf, bud, branch, or twig. To spot them easily, look for these signs.
- A node is a knob-like spot on the stem like a ring or a swollen bulge.
- Look for any parts on the stems that look like a ‘bridge’ or ‘joint’, that divides the stems into sections.
- Nodes can also look like indented rings.
- Some plants may have very small nodes and you may require a magnifying glass to spot them.
Here’s a cool trick on growing roses from cuttings using toilet paper!
The Right Way to Propagate Cuttings
Now that you have understood the importance of nodes, keep the following points in mind while propagating the cuttings:
- Always take the cuttings 1 inch below the node.
- Plant in a well-draining growing medium and ensure it gets plenty of bright but indirect sunlight.
- Avoid watering the cuttings daily in the initial 2 weeks. Moisten the soil only when the top layer feels a little dry to the touch.
- Depending on the plant, the cutting will form roots in 2-4 weeks.
Here are the best hanging basket plants you can grow from cuttings
New Growth After Propagating Cuttings
As shown in the above image, once you have propagated using a cutting that is taken below the node, the new growth (roots) will appear in the growing medium. This is an indication of a successful propagation.