Learn How to Make and Use Garlic Water Pesticide for Plants and get rid of aphids, spider mites, and powdery mildew naturally without any side-effects.
Garlic, with its active sulfur compounds, is an effective organic way to get rid of pests naturally. It is easy to use and keeps the soil free from harmful chemicals. Keep reading to know in detail about How to Make and Use Garlic Water Pesticide for Plants.
Check out our article on the list of natural pesticides for the garden here
How to Make and Use Garlic Water Pesticide for Plants
- Spray bottle
- Crush 8-10 garlic cloves in a blender and make a smooth paste.
- Add jalapeno and one spoon of pepper and blend again.
- Now, add 3-4 cups of water to the blender and beat a couple of times.
- Pour the solution into a glass bowl, cover it, and allow to steep overnight.
- Strain and fill it in a clean spray bottle. Your organic garlic water pesticide is ready!
- Store in refrigerator when not in use.
The solution also works well to repel rats, rabbits, elk, deer, and voles.
How to Use a Garlic Water Pesticide
- Spray the solution at the bottom of the leaves, where many pests lay eggs.
- Use it once a week for better prevention. If your plants have severe pest issues, then spray garlic water twice a week or whenever you see pests.
- During rain, when plants get wet, re-apply the solution. Do this after every time you water the plants too.
Benefits of Using Garlic Water Pesticide for Plants
Garlic is completely organic and safe for both plants and you. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, contact with certain toxic pesticides has a potential health risk, and using garlic water as a pesticide prevents exposure to them.
It is also effective against bean beetles, whiteflies, aphids, Colorado potato beetles, spider mites, moths, ants, termites, and cabbage worms while keeping the beneficial bugs safe. You can use garlic water solution as a soil treatment for fungus gnats and nematodes too.
Some Preventive Measures
Though garlic water is non-toxic, it can be an irritant, mainly to the eyes. It is a good idea to wear gloves while using the solution. Always keep the nozzle of the spray bottle away from your face. After spraying the solution, keep your kids and pets away from the plants.
Also, store the un-used solution in the refrigerator to save it from rotting.