Grow Wheatgrass for 7 Days and Harvest It for Months With This Trick! It surely works and will help you enjoy an organic harvest for long!
Want to learn the secret trick to Grow Wheatgrass in just a week and harvest it for months? Well, we have a detailed guide on how to do it right!
Check out the best microgreens you can grow in small space here
What is Wheatgrass?
Wheatgrass (Triticum aestivum) is the young green sprouted leaves of the wheat plant. It can be grown indoors and outdoors in both water and soil. The plant is a great source of vitamins and includes:
- Vitamins A, C, E, K, and B6
It is a popular drink, sold in powdered form as a supplement at health centers, and can be quite expensive. You can grow wheatgrass on your own at home for seven days and harvest it for months with this trick.
Grow Wheatgrass With This Trick!
The best part about growing wheatgrass is you only need a shallow tray and a spot that gets bright sunlight.
- Get organic wheatgrass seeds from a local store.
- Before you grow the seeds, you will have to sprout them first.
- Wash the seeds well and wrap them with a thick, wet cotton cloth. Keep them covered for 2-3 days, ensuring that the cloth stays wet all the time.
- Once the seeds sprout, it’s time to plant them.
- Fill a long and wide shallow tray with a seed starting mix and sprinkle the sprouted seeds evenly.
- Once done, cover the seeds with 2-3 layers of tissue paper and mist evenly.
- Keep them covered with paper for 3-4 days and continue misting every day. The darkness will help the sprouts grow.
- After 4-5 days, you will see shoots from the seeds. Remove the paper and keep the tray or pot where it gets 3-4 hours of sunlight daily.
- The greens will be ready to harvest in 10-14 days.
Harvesting and Storage
- Harvest wheatgrass using a clean pair of scissors.
- Cut the grass just above the root and collect it in a clean bowl.
- Do water the potted wheatgrass for the second crop; harvest it similarly.
You can keep the wheatgrass in the refrigerator for a week. For best taste, use it immediately after the harvest.
Note: Occasionally, a third crop comes out, but it is not sweet and tender as the previous one. Empty the seed tray and start a new batch of seedlings after the second harvest.
How to Make Wheatgrass Juice?
- Wash the wheatgrass with running water to remove any dust or debris.
- Add it to the blender.
- When the wheatgrass is entirely blended, use a strainer and eliminate the solids.
- You can also add honey and lemon juice to it for taste.
This study states that wheatgrass juice has chlorophyll that neutralizes infections, heals wounds, overcomes inflammations, and gets rid of parasitic infections.
Its juice also helps in blood purification, liver detoxification, and colon cleansing. Wheatgrass is also rich in vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, sodium, sulfur, and 17 forms of amino acids.