Here is the list of Tall Canna Lily Varieties that will surely surprise you. We have also included details on How Tall Do Canna Lilies Grow!
Tall Canna Lily Varieties are a must have if you want to add a drama to the landscape. Keep on reading to choose the best type and also find details on How Tall Do Cana Lillies Grow!
Check the 30 Best Types of Canna Lily Varieties here
Tall Canna Lily Varieties
1. Yellow King Humbert
Botanical Name: Canna x generalis ‘Yellow King Humbert’
Add a touch of royalty to your garden with this tall canna lily variety to the garden. These bicolor flowers have yellow petals with red spots that bloom in midsummer.
2. City of Portland
Botanical Name: Canna x generalis ‘City of Portland’
The stunning coral-pink blooms and large green foliage of ‘City of Portland’ canna is a must-have plant. It thrives in moist soil conditions.
Botanical Name: Canna x generalis ‘Eureka’
With its pale yellow blooms speckled with red dots, this tall canna lily variety is a standout among the cannas. As the flowers mature, they fade to an ivory hue.
4. Harvest Yellow
Botanical Name: Canna x generalis ‘Harvest Yellow’
Even in the midst of summer, this canna can evoke the colors of autumn with its striking golden-yellow blooms and orange speckles.
Botanical Name: Canna x generalis ‘Musifolia’
With its impressive size and striking appearance, this tall canna lily variety is highly sought-after. If you’re looking to add some height to your yard, this giant beauty is a must!
Check out 47 Best Flowers for Full Sun here
6. Pink President
Botanical Name: Canna x generalis ‘Pink President’
Also known as ‘Miss Oklahoma,’ this canna boasts stunning pink flower clusters that are sure to steal the show. The green foliage sets off the vibrant blooms perfectly.
7. Richard Wallace
Botanical Name: Canna x generalis ‘Richard Wallace’
A lemon drop-yellow canna with red-spotted petals and bright apple-green foliage is a perfect choice for adding a pop of color to your garden or patio.
8. Red Dazzler
Botanical Name: Canna x generalis ‘Red Dazzler’
Experience the sparkle of this impressive tall canna lily variety in your garden or containers. With its tall stature and striking red flowers against lime green foliage.
9. Red King Humbert
Botanical Name: Canna x generalis ‘Red King Humbert’
This canna boasts bright red flowers that tower above the rest. Its large, lush leaves start out green and transform into a deep redd-brown hue.
Botanical Name: Canna x generalis ‘Wyoming’
This tall canna lily variety is reminiscent of the vast open spaces of Wyoming, the US state it’s named after. The tall blooms are a stunning sight with the green foliage.
Botanical Name: Canna x generalis ‘Stuttgart’
Consider adding some height to a shady part of your garden with ‘Stuttgart’ cannas. Unlike most cannas, these thrive in the shade and have variegated leaves.
12. The President
Botanical Name: Canna x generalis ‘The President’
If you’re looking for a canna with a tropical feel but don’t want the height, ‘The President’ is a great option. These cannas have striking red flowers and lush green foliage,
13. Tropical Sunrise
Botanical Name: Canna x generalis ‘Tropical Sunrise’
To bring a touch of the tropics to your garden, look no further than the ‘Tropical Sunrise’ canna lily. The peachy-color blooms of this canna fade into a delicate pink.
14. Robert Kemp
Botanical Name: Canna x generalis ‘Robert Kemp’
One more heirloom tall canna lily variety to add to your collection is ‘Robert Kemp’. Its tropical green foliage is complemented by feather-like pure red petals.
Botanical Name: Canna x generalis ‘Erebus’
Size: 3-6 feet
Consider adding ‘Erebus’ canna lilies to your garden for their stunning blue-green foliage and coral-pink blooms.
Botanical Name: Canna x generalis ‘Purpurea’
Size: 4-7 feet tall
Consider adding this canna lily to your garden if you want to attract hummingbirds with its stunning display of orange-red blooms.
Botanical Name: Canna x generalis ‘Ehemanii’
Size: 4-7 feet tall
With arching stems and pendulous deep rose-pink blooms over green foliage, this award-winning canna can add height and beauty to your garden.
Here is the list of Plants with Red Leaves here
How Tall Do Canna Lilies Grow?
Wondering how tall do canna lilies grow? Well, the height of a canna lily plant can vary depending on a number of factors, including the cultivar, growing conditions, and climate. Some canna lilies are more compact and grow to a height of only 2-3 feet (0.6-0.9 meters), while others can reach heights of up to 10 feet (3 meters) or more.
Factors Affecting Canna Lily Height
Several factors can influence the height of canna lilies:
- Growing conditions: The growing conditions of a canna lily can have a big impact on its height. Canna lilies grow best in full sun to partial shade and well-drained soil. They also prefer warm temperatures and high humidity.
- Soil quality: The quality of the soil can also affect the height of a canna lily. Rich, fertile soil with good drainage can help the plant grow taller and produce more flowers.
Learn some Great Tips to Rejuvenate Your Old Soil here
- Watering: Adequate watering is important for the growth and development of a canna lily. The plant should be watered deeply when the soil becomes dry to the touch. Over-watering can lead to rot and other problems, while under-watering can stunt growth and reduce flower production.
Look out for these Sure Shot Signs of Underwatered Plants
- Fertilization: Regular fertilization can help promote healthy growth and flowering in a canna lily. A balanced fertilizer with equal amounts of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium can be applied every 2-3 weeks during the growing season.
- Climate: Environmental factors such as temperature, humidity, and rainfall can also affect the height of a canna lily. In general, canna lilies thrive in warm, humid climates and may struggle in colder or drier regions.
How to Encourage Tall Canna Lilies?
If you want to grow taller canna lilies, you can take the following steps:
- Choose a tall variety: Start by selecting a variety that is known to grow tall, such as ‘Wyoming’ or ‘The President.’
- Provide adequate growing conditions: Make sure the canna is planted in well-draining soil and receives enough water and nutrients.
- Prune selectively: Remove dead or damaged foliage to encourage new growth and selectively prune lateral shoots to promote vertical growth.